Best method for saving updates across 2 sheets

Hi,

I hope all reading are well!

I have a question relating to the best way of obtaining updates across 2 smarsheets.

Sheet 1 contains multiple columns of data, which are imported on a weekly basis from a 3rd party app. Each week the data from the previous data is overwritten with the new data.

In Sheet 2 I would like to capture totals as a record from Sheet 1, on a weekly basis.

I.e, one of the columns in Sheet 1 will include the value of all open deals in my pipeline within a certain criteria.

I would like to capture the total value of this on a weekly basis, recorded on sheet 2.

I'm sure there is a method designed for updates of this nature, however updates and workflows are not my strong point.

Any advice on a workflow or update method that would work would be greatly appreciated.

(Note, in my previous version the cells in sheet 2, contain formula, (sumifs, countifs) etc which collected the data from sheet 1, but as this is a formula, when the data in sheet one changes, so does the previous rows in sheet 2 :( )

Hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance for any input!

Cheers, Glen.

Sheet 1

Sheet 2

Cheers,

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Glen Urquhart

I hope you're well and safe!

• You could add a so-called helper column that totals the pipeline on one row, and then you'd have a Copy Row Workflow adding it to a so-called helper sheet that would store the historic values.
    • Add a so-called helper sheet that would total the pipeline, and then add another helper sheet that you would use the same workflow as option 1 to copy from the first helper sheet to the second.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Glen Urquhart
    Glen Urquhart ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå,

Thank you for your suggestion, I've had a play around with adding various helper sheets, and from what I can tell so far all seems to be solved!

Thank you for the help and suggestions!

Have a good weekend, Glen.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Glen Urquhart

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.