Missing Budget Information When Filtering on Project Owner

Options
Craig Bryers
Craig Bryers ✭✭
edited 02/02/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I would like to create a budget report in Resource Management that displays the budget performance for all projects managed by a specific Project Owner.

However, when I filter on the Project Owner field in a Budget report, the budget column/data is always blank.

If the Project Owner filter is removed, the budget information displays correctly. However, if I Group based on the Project Owner field, the budget column is blank.

I have encountered the same issue when using some (not all) custom project fields.

I can't find any reference to this issue anywhere.

Does anybody know what causes this?

Is it a genuine issue, intentional product behavior or feature gap?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards

Craig

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris Shifflett
    Options

It's possible that the budget information is stored in a different sheet, and when you filter or group by the Project Owner field, the report is not able to retrieve the data from the budget sheet. To resolve this issue, you may need to create a relationship between the Project Owner field and the budget sheet to ensure that the budget information is displayed correctly

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Craig Bryers ,

I've been doing some testing on my end and I was able to reproduce what you report which doesn't look like the expected behavior when generating (and filtering) Budget Reports in Resource Management. If you haven't done yet, I would recommend opening a ticket with our Support team via this form or accessing the Customer Support Portal.

Cheers!

Julio

• Craig Bryers
    Options

Hi Julio, Thanks for the feedback. I've raised a ticket on the Customer Support Portal.