Dashboard Web Content not showing Card View until I change view by manually

Hello, I am new with smartsheets and am struggling to get the following functionality to work properly.

I have a report pulling all the tasks for different users. My dashboard uses a web content iframe in order to display these tasks with a default card view. The web content defaults to View by Assigned To, although initially it is blank (this also happens for the calendar view too). Then when I press "View By and change this to Status" the cards appear, and I can go back to View by Assigned To.

The report works fine viewing it directly, but when I publish it the same thing happens.

I removed my data and posted an example of the issue.

1. Report shows blank on the dashboard.
  2. Changing View by to Status, cards appear
  3. Changing to Assigned To gives me the data I initially wanted.

Is this a bug?

Answers

• Frank S.
    Frank S. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Eric1914

Good afternoon.

When publishing a card view report, put the column you want to be the default display first in the order.

Based on the example above, "Status" comes before "Assigned To" in the report and, therefore, will be the default display.

Move the "Assigned To" column before "Status" on the report and it will be the default view. This reordering of columns will not impact your source sheet.

I hope this helps.

Frank Smith, PMP

Assistant Director | IT Special Projects Mgr.

Oregon Parks & Recreation Department

If my response helps, please mark it as an accepted answer. 😎

• Hi thank you for the help. Although I am still not having success.

When publishing my card report here are the settings. When this happens the report is blank when clicking the published link. It's worth mentioning when viewing it the workspace works fine.

I manually have to toggle view by status, then view by assigned to get it to show up.

Are you saying to move the columns in my row report? In this case the "Assigned To" column is before the "Status" but it has no impact on the card report.

I removed all personal data from the sheet below. But this shows the grid view of the report.