Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dynamic View: Change Source Sheet

Options

I have a number of relatively complexly configured dynamic views (help text, display logic, etc.), and I need to preserve all of those features for each of the configurations (which I can accomplish via a save as new), but I also need change the source sheet.

It would be nice to be able to change the source sheet for a "Save as New" dynamic view configuration.

Tags:
88 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We love this idea too! While it's not a part of our current plan, we can see the power this would unlock when creating new Dynamic Reports. If we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll plan to update the status here.

Comments

• Rocky
    Rocky ✭✭✭
    edited 03/13/23
    Options

Agreed. I created a test environment (duplicate to the now production) and can't change the source sheet.

The only work around to this is to create a new view from scratch and link the new sheet to that view.

Thank you very much,

YCRock

• James Fischer
    Options

Same here. I'd like to clone my Dynamic View and then change the source. I have monthly reports I point to that already have all the necessary filtering setup.

• Chris Parker
    Options

Totally agree...kinda renders the "Save as New" function useless if we can't change the source. For example, I have a status update view for all open items in my sheet (status filtered via a report). I wanted to make a duplicate dynamic view but with all fields read-only that shows all items opened and closed (different report without status filter).

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Super annoying that we can't SaveAsNew using a different source sheet/report. Like for @B.R.S., I need to change the source every year for a rather complex DV. And the source is the ONLY thing I need to change. But instead I need to practically rebuild the entire DV from scratch, painstakingly copying/pasting/reconfiguring various elements in each of the several panels.

• Joseph Gentile
    Joseph Gentile ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Full support! It would be great to combine multiple sheets without having first to create a report to merge sheets!

• Felicia Wilson
    Felicia Wilson ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Being able to change the source sheet in a dynamic view without having to rebuild the entire DV would be a great enhancement for efficiency and productivity.

• Cathy Byrne
    Cathy Byrne ✭✭✭
    Options

Agree this would be a great enhancement

• Deowens
    Deowens ✭✭✭
    Options

This would definitely be a great tool. I have just built very involved field logic for three different roles and do not want to rebuild every time the sheet changes. A template would be nice if possible.

• Shauna
    Shauna ✭✭
    Options

Totally agree... I have several different DVs that I need to change the source sheet each year. Being able to change the source sheet in a dynamic view without having to rebuild the entire DV would be a great enhancement for efficiency and productivity.

• slarijani
    Options

Yes!!! Please add this capability!

• Nate Ensor
    Nate Ensor ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please add! Would save a lot of time

• Jamie Kang
    Jamie Kang ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes PLEASE add this capability, especially for DV that has complex field logic which we have quite a few, and especially with complex logic we need to have test and production versions.

• Chad Diaz
    Options

I would also like to see this added. When creating many projects it is very tedious to then have to duplicate the Dynamic Views and all Logic.

• Alla
    Alla ✭✭
    Options

The urgency of integrating a feature that facilitates the straightforward replication of text and logic within Dynamic View is underscored by not only the operational inefficiencies we currently face but also the significant time savings it promises. We estimate a substantial reduction in project hours—approximately 20 hours per project—if this enhancement were implemented. This saving stems from eliminating the laborious and redundant process of manually duplicating extensive textual content and intricate logic due to the existing system's limitations. The current need to create multiple iterations for varying project aspects, such as regions and fiscal years, not only drains resources but also diverts attention away from core project goals. Providing the capability to easily replicate or adjust the source material for text and logic within Dynamic View is not just an incremental improvement; it's a transformative change that would dramatically streamline our processes. By addressing this critical need, we can significantly enhance our operational efficiency, reduce potential for errors, and free up valuable time to focus on innovation and strategic initiatives, thus amplifying our project outcomes and overall productivity.

• services_pav
    Options

I second all the previous comments in saying that this feature would allow considerable time-saving.