Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dynamic View: Change Source Sheet

Options
2»

Comments

• Quincy Roberts
    Options

I agree with all previous comments. This would be an immense addition. The ROI would be invaluable.

• will_uw
    Options

Not being able to change the source sheet has been a bit frustrating so I definitely have voted for this feature. My use case: I am managing Smartsheet WorkApps for 2 separate (but related) teams. I also have a Dev version and a Prod version so that we can test out new workflows and features without affecting our production version (why is this also not a feature?). In addition I have several views that should be identical except for the column in "restrict view by current user", so I have to replicate everything at least 8 times for the various teams multiplied by the prod + dev copies. Having this feature would save a lot of time.

• Jen B.
    Jen B. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@will_uw

YES, I agree 100%!

I've built a highly customized version of the PMO Office template and utilize Control Center to provision new projects. My toolkit relies heavily on workflow automation, formulas, cross sheet references, Dynamic View, etc., to provide a targeted, streamlined end user experience. I would think that access to both Prod and Dev environments would be a standard feature. However, because that critical functionality is not available, our only alternative was to purchase a second Control Center blueprint and duplicate my (Prod) Dynamic Views to create a Dev environment; a significant investment of time and money for functionality that is considered standard industry practice. For what it's worth, my wish list also includes functionality for migrating enhancements built and tested in Dev directly into Prod.