Delete User functionality missing from SmartSheet User Admin

Sam Hale
Sam Hale ✭✭
edited 04/17/23 in Smartsheet Basics

It appears within the last few months at some point the ability to delete users has been removed. I can deactivate folks; however, these people no longer are employed, and we would prefer to delete their accounts? Any help is appreciated.

Sam Hale

Answers

• Same - can't find any posts or announcements about it going away.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sam Hale & @Nathan Panuco

I hope you're well and safe!

I remember seeing it mentioned somewhere. I'll get back to the post if/when I find it.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We need to be able to delete users, not just deactivate them.

I understand that it would be great for the seasonal employees and for leave of absence, but some people really need to be deleted.

We hire interns (60 at a time for 2-3 months) and contractors that we will most likely never see again. If they do come back, it is not that difficult to add them.

(Enterprise Plan)

Please provide an option to remove people who really do not need to be on the list.

• Removing the ability to delete users without even asking if users wanted it was the dumbest and most inconvenient move ever. How often do we ever really reactivate anyone?

What's worse is deactivating users doesn't decrease your amount. Deactivated users are still counted in your unlicensed users when you transfer their items and license or if they never owned anything. What a waste! Why am I keeping inactive users?

There's no way to opt-out of this stupidity either. When I contacted Smartsheet Support, they asked me to complete a form. It's too late for that when you've made a decision that nobody wanted.

• KFall
    KFall ✭✭

This is unacceptable.

The reactivate user button keeps throwing up errors. The only way I have been able to get around this (because smartsheet support is NO HELP) is to delete the user and add them back in.

Now - I am at a standstill. I have people that I have deactivate that I need to reactivate, but when I go through the process, it throws up an error that says "Something Went Wrong"

I've submitted MULTIPLE emails to support - and they just tell me to log out/in (did that) or to get my system admin to do it - I AM THE SYSTEM ADMIN.

I'm beginning to think that what went wrong was our company deciding to use this program. I am SO FRUSTRATED.

• With the re thought out process that now allows us to delete users from our accounts, this thread can be closed.

Sam Hale