Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Workflow that only triggers manually

I have a workflow that I want to run only on demand. There is a "run workflow now" feature, which is great. But the workflow is required to have a trigger as if it would run automatically and I end up making a trigger condition that I know will never happen. It would be cleaner to have a trigger of "manual only" or "never" so I don't have to fake it by putting in a trigger that will never happen.

Tags:
3 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi Aaron - I would like to do the same thing. Did you ever receive any responses on how to do this, or come up with your own solution?

Thanks,

Tanya

• AaronO
    AaronO ✭✭✭

Nope. I ended up picking a field that I knew would never have an 'x' in it and made "when this field changes to 'x'" the trigger. So it would never run - but I could pick "run manually" from the automation dashboard. It worked fine, it's just a little ugly.

• This would be an awesome addition. We have certain fields that we need updated on a quarterly basis. It'd be great if I could have a workflow that requests an update from the owner ONLY when I manually trigger the workflow. I wouldn't want it to accidentally fire off at any point