Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Rename Bridge Workflows and Workspaces

Options

Bridge is a lot of trial and error, and because of that we don't always know what a workflow should be named when we start. It would be incredibly helpful if we were able to change the name of workflows and workspaces at any time in the development.

Tags:
28 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

Renaming workflows is a good idea and, while it's not a part of our current plan, it's exactly the kind of beneficial capability we're thinking about as we prioritise work. When we believe we can make this a reality, we'll update this status. In the meantime, renaming workspaces is available today - they can be renamed by selecting Manage Workspaces from the workspace menu, clicking on the workspace you want to rename, then choosing the Rename Workspace option.

Comments

• jessica.smith
    jessica.smith ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed. One use-case I've run into is that I'd like to be able to create a proof of concept workflow that is clearly indicated as POC or TEST and then rename it once its ready to be in production.

• DavidJay
    Options

Agreed! I would also use this to have a sort of template workflow created that I would copy and reuse portions of in new workflows.

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Options

100%. I just ran into this issue and was really surprised to find I couldn't rename my workflow. :(

• cabbsman
    cabbsman ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to add a few enhancement requests that I think would be very helpful in addition to the renaming feature.

1. Ability to duplicate a Bridge Job. This has come up numerous times and it is very time consuming to have to rebuild a complex job under a new Bridge name.
    2. Export Diagram to Visio so I can easily copy the workflow and present to the users. Right now, I have to redraw the squares and lines on Visio, and then import the Visio file into my presentation.

Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @cabbsman

Please add your vote to the separate Bridge Product Idea on duplicating workflows, here: Smartsheet Bridge: Duplicate a Workflow

There currently isn't an idea around exporting the diagram - I'm interested to hear other member opinions on this! When you have a moment, please create this as an entirely separate Idea so that users can vote on each suggestion.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Sarah Keortge
    Sarah Keortge ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a critical missing feature!