Another "form submissions not adding to worksheet" issue

As with many other users' questions, my worksheet's form submissions are no longer showing up as new rows in the worksheet.

*Filters: Yes, all filters have been removed.

*Scrolling: Yes, I've scrolled to the bottom of the sheet and there are no blank rows hiding newer entries.

*Activity Log: Yes, the sheet's activity log confirms that submissions were made.

Here's the sheet's URL: Master Request Log: HOTEL/MEETING RESERVATIONS - Smartsheet.com

Any suggestions for what to try or check next? Thanks.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/16/23

Hi @Brian Curtis

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange! It seems that they are stuck somehow.

If you haven't already, I recommend submitting a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Brian Curtis

A few other things to check:

• Any move row workflows?
    • Conditional formatting, or manual formatting that makes it appear "invisible"? (e.g. white text). Try using Find in the sheet to see if there's hidden content.
    • Scroll to the right in case they're submitting in new columns that were created from a copy or move row workflow?

Let us know what you find out!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Brian Curtis
    Brian Curtis ✭✭
    edited 02/16/23

There are two workflows set up to Move a Row and Copy a Row (both to unknown destinations, worksheets I don't recognize).

It seems likely this is behind the issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I believe these were part of some logging and reports setup that's no longer used, but it was built by a previous admin. Would it break anything to just deactivate those workflows? And more to the point, would that restore the missing entries on the worksheet? That's the main goal, to recover those submitted entries and make them show up on the sheet.

• Hi @Brian Curtis

That looks like that's it!

It seems like this specific sheet is being used simply as the intake sheet, then moving rows over to the working location.

Can you see where the Copy Row workflow is pointing to? Based on the title, "...to Operational Workspace", I'm guessing that the sheet where these rows are originally copied to is the sheet where they're being tracked/actioned etc.

The Archive Request workflow then moves them out of the Intake Sheet so that your intake sheet never fills up. (A full sheet that has reached cell limits will not be able to receive new form submissions).

I would suggest following the trail of the rows to see where they end up before deactivating current workflows.

I hope that helps!

Genevieve

• OK, I've tracked down the copy and move pointers and confirmed that the destination sheets still exist. (We don't use them for anything, but they exist.) So that seems to be valid. Now I'm stumped again.

• Hi @Brian Curtis

Do you mean that the new submissions are not showing up in the desination sheets?

• A new submission has appeared since I confirmed the links, but the missing ones are still missing. Are we out of luck for retrieving those?

• Hi @Brian Curtis

Have you completed the same checks on these destination sheets?

• Filters
    • Scrolling
    • Workflows
    • Activity Log
    • Colour formatting
  • I hadn't thought to actually look at those destination pages. But yes, the missing entries have appeared there. I guess that's a backup option if we need to retrieve that info on old submissions, so as long as the new ones are showing up in the right place I guess we're good. Thanks for your help.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Brian Curtis

Happy to help!

Glad you got it working!

Good catch @Genevieve P.

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.