Need to add on if "Yes" leave blank to my formula but cannot get it to work

Hi, I have been assigned smartsheets and am trying my best to train myself via youtube + the forum. I created this formula

=IF(ISBLANK([Completed Date]@row), "", IF([Completed Date]@row > [END]@row, "No", "Yes")

It shows if the completed date is blank: leave blank

if the completed date is greater than the end date put no otherwise yes

I also want to add on. If the completed by due date column is yes leave blank:

=IF(ISBLANK([Completed Date]@row), "", IF([Completed Date]@row > [RQ END]@row, "No", "Yes"), IF([Completed By Due Date]@row "Yes", ""))

where am I going wrong here?

Any help would be hugely appreciated !Thank you

Tags:

Best Answer

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

This is down to me putting the nested IF statement in the wrong order - my bad!

=IF(ISBLANK([Completed Date]@row), "", IF([Completed Date]@row = "Yes", "", IF([Completed Date]@row > [RQ END]@row, "No", "Yes")))

Is what you should use.

If you are getting errors still, let me know!

Answers

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Molly12345,

You're very close to what you want, you just need an equals sign in the formula:

=IF(ISBLANK([Completed Date]@row), "", IF([Completed Date]@row > [RQ END]@row, "No", "Yes"), IF([Completed By Due Date]@row="Yes", ""))

Now if the Completed By Due Date is "Yes", then the formula column will be blank.

• Thank you so much for the response Nick, I greatly appreciate it!

Any idea why it is coming up as incorrect argument set? Thanks in advance!!😀

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

This is down to me putting the nested IF statement in the wrong order - my bad!

=IF(ISBLANK([Completed Date]@row), "", IF([Completed Date]@row = "Yes", "", IF([Completed Date]@row > [RQ END]@row, "No", "Yes")))

Is what you should use.

If you are getting errors still, let me know!

• Amazing Nick thank you so much for answering my queries. I really appreciate it!

Would you have any idea why my formula is saying overdue for blank rows

=IF(OR(AND(ISBLANK([Completed Date]@row), TODAY() > [END]@row), [Completed Date]@row > [END]@row), "OVERDUE", " ") + IF([END]@row = "", "")

I am trying to say if the completed date is blank leave the cell blank

If the completed date is greater than the end date= Overdue, if not leave blank,

If the end date is blank leave blank.

I greatly appreciate your response and thank you in advance 😊

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Something like this?

=IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK(END@row)), [Completed Date]@row > END@row), "Overdue", IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Completed Date]@row)), (END@row > TODAY())), "Overdue", ""))

The ANDs stop either value being missing resulting in "Overdue" from being shown.

Result:

If you want "overdue" to display in one of the last 2 cases left me know and I can give the formula for that. 😊