What are my options for MFA on third party free accounts that I share to?

Options
Jamie H
Jamie H ✭✭
edited 02/21/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a project that involves users from several organisations (My org, partner orgs and client orgs). Free accounts allow us to communicate effectively on various projects but I am concerned that if a user in partner "A" (whose access is user.name@partnerA.com) leaves and is hired by partner "B" they will stil be able to access information relevant to their partner "A" account.

I can't demand (nor manage) access to AD on all partner and client sites so I need to push responsibility to each entity to participate using MFA and some sort of authentication via email. Logic is that if user leaves partner "A" they are no longer going to be able to complete authentication.

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jamie H

The first thing you can do that would successfully remove the user from your project is to manage the permission level from your workspace. If you delete the name and remove the email, that particular person will not be able to view your projects. Check with your organization's security and Smartsheet admin as well since they also have the authority to remove resources from the account.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Jamie H
    Jamie H ✭✭
    Options

Hi Ipshita,

Thank you for the reply!

I agree this would help with removing the user from the project, however there are several hundred users potentially and this person by person review process is too cumbersome to manage.

I need to know if there are authentication methods available with Smartsheet free licence where I can force EVERY USER to authenticate using a code sent to their work email.

Have you seen anything like that in operation with free licence offering?

Thank you