Workflow-generated PDF bleeds into adjacent areas

Hello! I am having trouble with a fillable PDF that is being filled/generated using a workflow, stemming from a form submission.

Sometimes, the data captured on the submission form is lengthy. Because of this, the fields in the fillable PDF I mapped are set to multi-line + scrollable. Otherwise, they would be huge.

When the workflow runs, it is not keeping the words inside the scrollable field. Instead, it bleeds down into the next area of the PDF.

Is there a way to prevent this?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Danny T.

Another Community member was trying something similar; they reached out to Support and found that the scroll feature is not currently supported (see here).

What I would suggest doing in this instance is have two versions of the document: one that is more succinct (the standard) and another that is used when a character limit is exceeded. You could use a formula to raise a flag if this is the case and have Condition blocks in your workflow so it decides which PDF to use.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Can anyone help me?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Danny T.

Another Community member was trying something similar; they reached out to Support and found that the scroll feature is not currently supported (see here).

What I would suggest doing in this instance is have two versions of the document: one that is more succinct (the standard) and another that is used when a character limit is exceeded. You could use a formula to raise a flag if this is the case and have Condition blocks in your workflow so it decides which PDF to use.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community.

Cheers,

Genevieve