Smartsheet Bridge Inbound Webhook

Options

Hello,

I would like to use Smartsheet Bridge to help integrate another software with smartsheet(the 3rd party software is not an integration that is already built in bridge). I am trying to use inbound webhook as a trigger for the 3rd party software. However, to make the trigger happen, I need to put a webhook URL(A webhook URL is a server that listens for incoming HTTPS POST notification messages that are triggered when events occur.).

The URL that generated from the workflow Triggers Request URL is not working(showing invalid webhook URL), Please let me know how I can solve this problem and many thanks.

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan ,

We would first need to determine whether the issue is the URL or the 3rd part application. To test the URL, please open the terminal in your device and use this call: curl -X POST url_here, this should trigger your Bridge Workflow. Replacing url_herewith the generated URL.

If it does, you may want to reach out to the third party software support team for further advise on how to continue configuring your Workflow so that if runs as expected without rejecting the URL.

If using the above command in your terminal doesn't run your Bridge Worlflow either, , I would recommend opening a ticket with our Support team via this form or accessing the Customer Support Portal. Please make sure to include captures of all relevant sections in your Workflow as well as any result after running the command in your terminal so that they can review all of this.

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Julio,

I would copied the URL from inbound webhook to put into terminal:

Let me know if this is a Valid webhook URL and how I can get there.

DO you have an example that how I can utilize inbound webhook in bridge to trigger and pass off information from the 3rd party application?

Thanks you!

Amy

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan,

Apologies for my late turnaround. I've communicated internally with the Support team and I've seen that you have been able to engage with them already. Please refer to your case for further investigation about this scenario.

Many thanks,

Julio