Can you stop automations from running on completed projects?

Options

We have been getting hammered by an automation that runs automatically for all jobs that have been completed in the past month or older. Is there a way to stop these automations via global updates? We have a separate sheet for every project and the automations are getting triggered from those. I don't want to go in and manually turn them off as it's really time consuming to go through over 300 projects.

Tags:

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

When you speak of global updates, does that mean you have Control Center? If so, they best way to do this would be with the archiving process. Through archiving your completed projects you can do things like move the projects off of your summary sheet, stop automations, freeze calculations, etc.

If this is your setup I would highly recommend this approach. It will save you a lot of time manually fixing each project.

• Ameya Athalye
    Ameya Athalye ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @David Tutwiler . We do have control center but haven't used archiving process. I'll give it a try.

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I think you'll find it useful. Just make sure to evaluate all the options/checkboxes carefully to make sure you are archiving in the way you want it to.