Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Data shuttle offload to Google Sheets

Options
ShaunW
ShaunW ✭✭✭✭

Hi can you please add file type google sheets to the offload file along with the existing excel and CSV.

Many Thanks

Shaun

Tags:
7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrew Neal
    Options

Trying to bring this back up. Would be a huge help and seems like low hanging fruit since you can already upload from google sheets and export to google sheets from a smartsheet.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

Yaaaaasssss.

Smartsheet can already export to Google Sheets. Why oh why is it not included in Data Shuttle.

FYI that there's an AppScript method to pull the data out of Smartsheet onto a Google Sheet. It works well. Add this to your Google Sheet appscript and then setup a trigger to run this on whatever timeframe you'd like. BTW I didn't come up with this, I found it on this community.

Replace the [Enter xxxxx here] with the appropriate IDs and tokens. Don't put the IDs inside the brackets, replace the brackets and text. ie replace [Enter Smartsheet ID Here] with 123123123

function requestSmartsheet() {

var smartSheetID = "[Enter SmartSheet ID Here]";

var smartSheetToken = "[Enter Smartsheet Token Here]";

var sheetName = "[Enter Googlesheet Tab Name Here]";

var sheet = SpreadsheetApp.openById("[Enter Googlesheet ID Here]").getSheetByName(sheetName);

var url = "https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/sheets/" + smartSheetID + "?pageSize=20000";

var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(

url, { headers: {Authorization: 'Bearer ' + smartSheetToken}}

);

var result = JSON.parse(response.getContentText());

var tabResult = [];

var colResult = [];

sheet.clear();

for(var col in result.columns){

colResult.push(result.columns[col]["title"]);

}

tabResult.push(colResult);

for(var row in result.rows){

var cells = result.rows[row]["cells"];

var tab = [];

for(var cell in cells){

var value = cells[cell]["value"] == undefined ? "" : cells[cell]["value"];

tab.push(value);

}

tabResult.push(tab);

}

sheet.getRange(1, 1, tabResult.length, tabResult[0].length).setValues(tabResult);

}

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• jc.carandang
    Options

HI Team,

im unable to run the workflow due to the error from Offload in Data Shuttle. Stuck with this error message for the past few hours now.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

I usually see that on an Attachment workflow when someone tries to "attach" a link to a google sheet. Link attachments kick off Data Shuttle but it cannot read data through a link, only a direct file attachment.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• jc.carandang
    Options

Hi,

Been stuck in receiving an error when creating an offload workflow in Data Shuttle. Hoping to get some inputs/assistance or work around to fix. Thank you.

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

Hi @jc.carandang - are you sure you've set up a Data Shuttle offload workflow? It looks based on the error message like it might be expecting a file for upload. I'd recommend reviewing the Data Shuttle Upload Workflow and Offload Workflow instructions and contacting Support if you're still having issues!

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• jc.carandang
    Options

Hi @Danielle Wilson ,

I did set the offload workflow based on the instructions video and set the file option between csv and EXCEl based on the available dropdown option.

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

@jc.carandang Seems like a good one to send it to support to dig in on!

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• jc.carandang
    Options

Hi @Danielle Wilson ,

How do I proceed about it?

Kind regards,

JC

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

Danielle W.