Functions for synchronizing Predecessors and Jira Issue Links

Options

Hi everybody,

I am currently trying to set up the smartsheet-Jira-integration. A lot of things really work great but there is one thing.. I want to have Smartsheet as the "leading tool" for handling of predecessors and therefore sync this information to Jira through the issue links field.

To give a simple example, I used

="is blocked by " + INDEX([Issue Key]:[Issue Key], VALUE(Pre@row))

for the filed "Issue Links".

But what I would like to achieve is that I do not overwrite exisiting issue links of the corresponding issue. I was hoping I can achieve this through automation but without being able to use formulas in "change cell value" I cannot append information.

Any ideas how I can achieve what I want?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @theilm

Would you be able to post a screen capture of your sheet and perhaps explain what you're looking to do with an example?

I would potentially have this formula in a second, helper column - set as a column formula. You could add an IF statement at the front if you only want the formula to populate based on a specific status or date, etc.

This helper column won't be synced with your Issue Links field in Jira, but you could set up a new, custom field in Jira to receive it.

If you have access to Pro Desk, you could book a 30-minute coaching session over screen share on "Connectors, Premium Apps, & Extended functionality" to walk through the best way to sync these fields.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!