Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Saving a "Form" for later use without submitting as of yet

rtahtinen
rtahtinen ✭✭✭✭

I have employees that try to start filling out their form as they work their 8-hour shift throughout before submitting. It seems that there are times that they leave for a while, and it automatically shuts down without saving their information that they currently had in there.

I heard that there is not a way to save the information before clicking on submit to be added to the spreadsheet. Is this something that maybe can be done in the future?

Tags:
154 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

This is now available in the Mobile version of Smartsheet! While this isn’t on our roadmap for the web application right now, we would like to learn more about your use cases. Please keep commenting in the thread below and let us know if the Mobile form experience solves your current scenarios.

Comments

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There might need to be some parameters around when this is available, such as only forms that are limited to users within the org.

• rtahtinen
    rtahtinen ✭✭✭✭

I think that would work!

• rtahtinen
    rtahtinen ✭✭✭✭

MathewL - That sounds like a plan but where is the "Enable Save & Resume" be located so that can happen?

• This has been something that our company has been trying to get into our production environment for about 6 months now from smartsheets with no avail.

I was hoping that soon I can get into contact with someone that can actually help me add the enhancement to our smartsheet form and dashboard. I am always open to new ideas and am willing to work with whoever it maybe to get this to where it needs to be.

I appreciate all of your hard work and I hope that we can collaborate on this and get it all put together.

• Is this on the roadmap? Please provide any ETA for production.

Thank you,

• MathewA
    MathewA ✭✭
    edited 03/24/23

Requesting Smartsheet to find a solution for saving form as draft and keep the option to submit later.

Here is our business scenarios

We do an audit checklist every quarter for nearly 200 locations.

Checklist has many questions which cannot be filled in one short because all of them need evidence. Once it's filled, it will go for approvals (using workflow) and then the data is collected in a sheet.

Unfortunately update requests are not an appropriate feature for this kind of business needs.. we have a lot of questions and smartsheet wont allow to put more than 20 conditions. it will completely complicated with update request

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @MathewA @Cleversheet @rtahtinen @Lisa Barbagiovanni @MathewL @DLanzante @ElizabethSkeps @Kim A. @BVtnugent0416sefcu @cecilia m

I hope you're well and safe!

I'm working with a client now where we use a Dynamic View structure instead.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Intriguing idea, @Andrée Starå. Would you be able to elucidate the concept for us? I get how DV enables users to see only their own stuff, but I’m not tracking with how that can help them complete parts of a form and later complete the rest of it.