Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Table in Forms

It would be extremely helpful to be able to add a data table to a form. I need to be able to ask users to provide details about, for example, grazing in multiple paddocks. My table would look like this:

Column 1 Header: Paddock No.

Column 2 Header: Crop Type

Column 3 Header: Area

Please add this to the list of development ideas

16 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Julie Jesmer
    Julie Jesmer âś­âś­
    edited 01/03/23

I have been looking for this for several months. It has been discussed in this forum a few times. I NEED a fillable table to appear in a form to be filled out as part of a grant application process. I have a budget form that needs to auto-calculate and present in a table layout to our customers filling out the form. Currently we need to do a TON of copy pasting of budgets from one form to another and use the document mapping process to build the output format required by our funder. If we could have a table pop up in a form that could be filled in by the client and then displayed in a final report or document as is, without having to make a new document map each quarter, it would change our entire process. This is a HUGE issue for us to the point of supervisors questioning the value of purchasing our Smartsheet licenses.

• cecilia m
    cecilia m âś­âś­

It would be nice if there's more formatting feature in form, (e.g. having short questions side by side instead of next line etc). Also make a table format to fill out.

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­

This would be an amazing feature. Especially if the information in the table could be dynaminc based on other sheets and reports!

• In situations to which two sets of data correspond to each other in a form, it would be great to input the data in a table format. For example, a collection timepoint with it's corresponding collection data for multiple collection timepoints.