Issue with Account License from Business to Team

Hi Community,

I'm looking for some help with a license issue we're having.

It appears our license has been downgraded from "Business" to "Team", which has restricted all our functionality (i.e. workflows, forms, notifications, alerts, new sheets etc) about 5 days ago. This is causing some serious business disruptions with no understanding of when it might be resolved!

I've tried contacting Smartsheet in a number of ways over the past 5 days (account manager by email, phoning the main Smartsheet phone number and leaving a message, 3 different "contact us" forms on the website and attempting to access the Customer Portal), all with no response.

Unfortunately, the customer portal was not available to us due to the downgrade of our license!

If anyone knows how I could get in contact with Smartsheet, please leave a comment.

If a Smartsheet employee sees this, please contact me to help us sort out this issue.

Thanks!

Damien

Tags:

Comments

• Hi @DR Chemist

Thank you for raising your concern with us! I checked in with Support and can see that you were able to create ticket number 06108871.

I will ensure that this ticket is forwarded to the Finance team so they can review recent changes with your account. They will reach out to you directly through a private channel and I'll follow-up on this post once we have more information.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Hello @DR Chemist

I connected with our Finance team and they clarified that the account you're referring to was a promotional plan which expired, causing the downgrade.

However, your company has a separate, paid Business plan that is currently active under a different account. Please check with your colleagues to ensure that you are signing in to the correct account. If you are unable to identify this other plan, please continue to follow-up with your account manager or Finance (here).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Genevieve P.,

Thankyou for getting back to me! What a relief to hear from someone.

I've got that ticket number (06108871) but have no way to check in on it as the downgrade doesnt allow for Support Portal access.

I'm unaware that we two separate accounts. If we do, I certainly don't have a separate account to login to. This is the one we have all used for the past 8 months. Is there any way we can simply merge the two accounts or change over this "Promo account" over to the paid Business account?

As I have been unable to contact our account manager by email (no replies), could you please ask them (I wont name them on here) to contact me as soon as possible.

Otherwise, I'll wait to hear from Finance.

Thanks again

Regards,

Damien

• Hi @DR Chemist

If you're unsure who of your team is on the correct, licensed Business Plan, please have them check their plan type by going to their account details (see: Identify Your Smartsheet Plan and User Type).

Then once you've identified the System Admin for the paid Business plan, they can invite your email to join their plan. When you accept the invitation you'll move over and receive a licence (if they grant it to you), and if you're the current System Admin of this other account, it will move over all the other members as well. See: What to do when you receive an invitation to join a Smartsheet account for more information.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve