Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Add ability to bulk insert rows

Options

Currently you can only insert one row at a time if you're choosing the insert below/above option. It'd be helpful if you could pick the number of rows you're inserting, we are migrating a large amount of google sheet documents to Smartsheets so we need to be able to add large amounts of information to our sheets.

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Hopedebus

I hope you're well and safe!

If you select multiple rows, you can insert the same amount of selected rows.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you are copying many rows of data into a sheet, you might want to look at using a one-time automation, where you first upload the external data sheet into Smartsheet as a new sheet, and then in that new sheet set up a one-time automation to move or copy the rows to the desired sheet. The automation will add all the rows to the destination sheet, you don't have to insert blank rows in that sheet first.