Best way to assign many items to multiple people?

Options
22Wordsmith
22Wordsmith ✭✭✭
edited 04/12/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a Smartsheet with some 700 rows. Each row needs to be assigned to a set of individuals. I will be doing this monthly and it took ages to set up the first instance. I thought making groups would help but apparently not. How can I make these assignments most efficiently, please? And what is the point of Smartsheet groups if not this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @22Wordsmith

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you elaborate and share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• 22Wordsmith
    22Wordsmith ✭✭✭
    Options

The Assigned to column is set up (not in this example) as a contact list allowing multiple entries but no free text entry.

It looks simple across the example but becomes quite complex across 600+ entries. I have 10 group combinations to go into Assigned to, with between 3-8 members.