Marketing emails

Options

How can we stop our account advisor from sending out automated emails to all our users that use Smartsheet? We can't find the setting anywhere. We also can't find anything about it in the user agreement. This must be borderline illegal.

Tags:

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @unique_username01

There should be an option to unsubscribe below any marketing emails from Smartsheet which will direct you to the Email Preferences page (here).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• unique_username01
    Options

But how do I keep my employees from being subscribed to in the first place? They are contsantly getting emails from our account advisor even though they never subscribed to it!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @unique_username01

You can unsubscribe your employees by adding their email and checking all the boxes in the linked page above.

I'm unsure what emails you may be referring to, but if they are automated marketing emails they may have been subscribed to these when signing up for Smartsheet (and able to adjust their preferences at any time to stop receiving these emails). More information can be found in the Privacy notice.

If you have further questions, I would recommend reaching out to the Privacy and Security team. Their contact information can be found in the Smartsheet Trust Center.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• ans102
    ans102 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. One of our projects works with a lot of external stakeholders and we want to share specific information as an update but not share the sheet.

The stakeholders are added in a contact column and using an automated workflow, are emailed the select information using the unrestricted option. However, after they are contacted they continually receive the "your collaboration is important" emails. Since we have not actually shared the sheet with them, we aren't inviting them to collaborate.

Is there a way that this feature can be turned off without having to manually unsubscribe everyone (talking hundreds of people)? Or is there a better workflow that can be done to avoid this from happening?

Thank you,

Amanda

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @ans102

There currently isn't a way for you, as the sender of the automation, to turn off the marketing emails from Smartsheet other than manually adding in their emails to the unsubscribe list linked above (here).

The stakeholders receiving the "your collaboration is important" emails can choose to unsubscribe at the bottom of any email received from Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve