Applying a formula when a filter is applied

Options

Hi! I am building a team monthly capacity tracker. Right now, it's all in one sheet and I have filters set up based on the 'Owner' column, so each team member can view and update only their projects and activities. I have a formula summing up team capacity each month at the bottom of the sheet. Is there a way to carry over the formula to when a filter is applied, so that each team member can see just their capacity each month, when they are updating the sheet? Do I need to create a sheet summary or report, or is this possible just in one sheet? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Masha Nehme

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Masha Nehme
    Options

Hello again Andrée,

Sure thing. Here's a screen shot of sheet with the entire team of 5 (I hid the 'Owner' column). You see the formula at the bottom. (=SUM([May 2023]20:[May 2023]40)) Once the sheet is populated, the overall sum should not exceed 5.

Here's what that same sheet looks like with an individual Owner (me) applied. I'd like to have an ability to apply the same formula when the filter is applied so I can see what my capacity adds up to each month (100% or 1)

Thanks in advance for any tips!

• Masha Nehme
    Options

Clarification - the bottom screen shot shows the sheet with the 'Owner' filter applied.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!