Changing Intakes for Projects already provisioned.

We are in the process of trying to change intakes as part of a movement to make our structure more scalable for bringing in new business units within our company into Smartsheet. Originally we had all of our projects being provisioned off of our ePMO Intake sheet. We have now developed a Master Intake sheet that will be the new home for all of the projects that are going to be provisioned. What we are trying to do is change the cell links for the profile data for all the projects that have already been provisioned to look to the new intake sheet instead of the one that we provisioned from. Has anyone in the community been able to successfully change their intake sheets for project and been able to then point all of the metadata sheets from the projects they have already provisioned to be looking at the new intake sheet instead of the old one? I know the easy answer is to just break all of the cell links and add them back project by project, line by line, but that is not what we are wanting to do.

I am also concerned that if we do it manually, it will prevent us from being able to utilize Control Center's global update and update reporting functions. Right now we are already dead in the water with trying to use them. When we try to do things with the new intake set up as the intake for the blueprint and try to use the global update or the update reporting features, we get errors or simply it locks up and doesn't do anything. If you have been successfully able to change intake sheets and be able to use all of the functions of Control Center after doing it, please let me know how you did it.

Answers

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey William, we decided it might be best to leave your old blueprint the way it was and let those projects sunset on their own. (If you can, given your particular scenario).

And build a new blueprint for all projects moving forward.

Your alternative is to create your legacy projects under the new blueprint and copy/paste your updates from your legacy project files. This way, you maintain the links.

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!