Sheet Connection to a DataTable vs DataMesh?

Options
GwenM
GwenM ✭✭✭
edited 05/19/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello everyone - I have a DataTable with 40K+ rows and would like to sync a subset of those rows to another Sheet. Is it best to connect the target sheet to the DataTable with a filter via a Connection, or would it be better to create an interim sheet that has a subset of rows from the DataTable and then use DataMesh to sync rows from interim sheet to the target sheet?

Both seem to be valid approaches. I just don't know what the pros/cons would be in choosing one approach over the other?

Thanks for your help!

Answers

• liz.mayeux
    liz.mayeux ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My personal experience with DataMesh is driving my opinion. But when you have this much data to filter through and populate, DataMesh isn't as effective as DataTable and/or DataShuttle.

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

Hi @GwenM - I'd recommend setting up a Connection on a sheet if you're not bumping up against Connection limits (only can currently have 100 Connections to a DataTable). If you have any questions here or would like to discuss your situation, let me know and I'd be happy to chat! The DataTable Product Manager and I are in the midst of talking to other customers about how they're utilizing / trying to utilize DataTable and we'd be happy to talk.

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• GwenM
    GwenM ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Danielle Wilson - I would love to chat! Paul LeMay is my Customer Success Manager if you want to reach out to him to get my contact information. Thank you - Gwen

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

@GwenM Sounds good! I'll reach out to him internally.

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet