Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Form Confirmation Email Improvment - Quality of LIfe

When users submit an Non-Conformance Report (NCR) using smartsheet forms we generate a NCR# for the issue. I would like our confirmation email/message to tell the user what that NCR# is, instead of forcing them to log in, open smartsheets, and find that number.

Tags:
1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

@Degelman If you have a status column you could set an alert with the NCR Number and Description to send to the dedicated person. As a QA ISO9001-2015 guy I would do this when the NCR Status went from "Submitted" to "In review", Then again when the status' changed to "In-Progress" and "RCA" with progress notes column. So many possibilities to complete this action. Hopefully this helps!

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Project Manager, GE Aerospace

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Hi Ken,

Thanks, we have email notifications set up with an "assigned" and our "FYI" columns. We also give notifications to our quality department on any updates. Certain actions require the NCR number, so we'd just like the person who submits it to know what his NCR# is without adding clicks and tracking down the number.

Thanks,

Degelman

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Degelman

I hope you're well and safe!

Set up a Workflow combined with an Alert Action to trigger when a new form has been submitted.

You'd add the Created By system column and change the form so the users have to be logged in to Smartsheet, and then you'll get the submitter automatically.

In the Alert, you could use the Placeholder feature to include what you want in it.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.