Multiple Grid view for Grid sheet

Options
Mashael
Mashael ✭✭
edited 05/24/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I am trying to create multiple grid view for multiple users.

For example I work in an organization with two departments, department one needs to access the grid sheet and update col1, col2, col3 ( and only view these columns )

For department two, they need to access the grid sheet and update col4,col5,col6 ( and only view these columns )

the owner of the sheet will be able to view all the columns.

is that possible? and if there is a way around this, how can we achieve it?

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Make reports for each group and have them update via the reports. If you have access to dynamic view, that would be a more advanced option that can do what you need it to. A filter wouldn't help here as it only filters rows and not columns.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mashael

I hope you're well and safe!

Is it important that the different departments can't see anything other than the columns in the Report?

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mashael
    Mashael ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Andre77

I hope you are doing well.

Is it important that the different departments can't see anything other than the columns in the Report?

It is important that each department can not see unnecessary columns because I do not want the departments to update each others columns.

for the solution @Kleerfyre mentioned, to use reports, I have tried that but the issue is that the users will be able to access the main sheet, which is not ideal in my situation.

Is there any other way you could help me with ?

Thanks a lot !

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mashael

Happy to help!

Yes, that's the reason I asked. They need to be shared to the sheet to see the information in the report.

The two best options would be.

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps

Do you have access to one of those, or are they an option to add?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andre77
    Andre77 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mashael !

I'm good. I hope You too)

I read about it and I think the best way to using Dynamic View.

But need to make extra pay for this app and our Company refused.

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, that was my next thing, you would have to use one of those premium apps.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."