WorkApp Roles

Concerning WorkApps, in the event that a user is assigned to multiple roles, why do they have to toggle between what role they are? Why can't they just see all possible sheets that they should be able to view? Is there any way to combine the viewable content so that the user doesn't have to toggle between which role they want to be in the moment? It adds to the confusion, because if a key selling point of WorkApps is that you just need one link to get to it, users are not happy with the fact that they have to change what "role" they are playing to access the correct sheets.

Tags:

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Each role could be assigned to different sheets, so the user will have to select which view they want. If you have users that see all, then you might want to think about creating a role for seeing everything. That will be the only way to do it and keep all the other roles if they are needed. My users love the roles due to some of them having different roles and being able to see their items based on their selected role. It helps them keep their work organized based on the role they are working on at that time.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• RyanF
    RyanF ✭✭

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping there was a way to combine roles without having to create new roles, because it will be a lot of work to create unique roles for those 20 or so folks who have their hands in separate cocktails of projects. I will submit a feature request for this, thank you!