Calendar App vs. Published Calendar View

Our support team is trying to publish a calendar and allow customers to click on the time slots for and enter their information to book a training. I have the sheet and the automation working well (formulas, automation, etc.). This all seems to work in Calendar view, but the saving and all gets a little weird, and the look is not as clean. It works better in the calendar app, but you have to sign in, and none of our customers have log ins. I can't find a way to allow anyone to edit the appointment slots, therefore reserving that appointment. It is possible in the calendar view, but not the app. Does anyone have a way to do this or another idea?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Autumn Beauchamp

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• You could automatically update the options left using the Premium app, Data Shuttle.
    • You could have a dashboard/portal with the form on one side and the options left on the other side.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So you could create a form for the customers to fill out, but the issue that might come into play is overbooking a date. You could solve that by having them put in their top three dates, then someone would have to manage the requests, but you can set up an automation to notify you of when a new entry is made to the sheet. The customer doesn't have to have permissions to the sheet to access the form. Then you can share the published Calendar App link and they can see a view only copy of the Calendar.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• The form is what we are currently doing, and we are getting a lot of requests for certain times and getting overbooked, when other times are left open, and it's taking a lot to manage that. We were hoping to allow users to interact with the calendar in a way that turns the times slots red, but unfortunately that is requiring the app, and therefore a login.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Autumn Beauchamp

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• You could automatically update the options left using the Premium app, Data Shuttle.
    • You could have a dashboard/portal with the form on one side and the options left on the other side.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andree,

Thank you for the idea. I hadn't thought of having them side by side... am thinking that upon submission, we could them use the form date & Time selection to automatically format the calendar next to the form to change the color, rendering the selected time unavailable... We will move in this direction. Thank you!