Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Download Proofs with Markup

Options

Make it possible to download proofs as a pdf including all markup and comments.

Tags:
34 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We love this idea too! It's not something we have in our current planning horizon, but this is definitely on our team's minds. If we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll plan to update the status here.

Comments

• Heather_Verde
    Heather_Verde ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a feature which would be extremely helpful

• Preston Whitney
    Options

Hi we have multi-page proofs and would like to be able to export the proof and annotations to PDF. It is very important that we maintain a record of comments and annotations in each version. At present, our only option is to Control-P from inside the browser which essentially takes a screen shot of the currently viewed proof sheet and annotations column. We then have to scroll the viewer to the next sheet and the comments column to the next number in the list. This is a very time consuming process when you have multiple pages in the proof. The ultimate solution would be to export to PDF with annotation markups and comments converted to Acrobat PDF standard. A second best option would be to have the option to print all pages and comments to a PDF.

• Preston Whitney
    Options

Please, Please, Please

• Dan Wilson
    Dan Wilson ✭✭✭
    Options

We would like to be able to download prior versions of Proofs along with their entire comment thread, perhaps as a txt file and PDF in a Zip.

• TinaTY
    TinaTY ✭✭
    Options

Proof is a great tool but without the ability to generate a Report that includes the info it becomes very limited. Marked up drawing with table of comments would be great

• Kristen Christman
    Options

I like this idea and/or if it's possible, to give the designer a visual cue (checkbox, etc) within the proofs section on the comments that are coming through as edits/annotations. It can get daunting capturing edits from a number of people in one proof version, so this feature could allow the designer to go through the annotated edits called out in the proof, and make the edits in their design file, followed by "checking off" or acknowledging the update has been made within that comment of the proof.

• Shawn_K2
    Shawn_K2 ✭✭✭
    Options

Need to be able to download proofs that will show comments and markups. PDF format?

• Salèha El D.
    Salèha El D. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes please - I am using more and more Proofs /Mark Ups /comments, the same as an audit trail - so if it was to be possible to download proof (with mark ups & comments) this would be the cherry on the cake!

Salèha El D.

Talks about #Smartsheet #productivity, #eventindustry, and #informationtechnology

➖Continuous improvement – for me, an ongoing desire to enhance processes, and increase productivity ➖

• Rachel Taggart
    Options

This would be a great timesaver as currently have to have 2 pages open to see if the new version has addressed all the comments in the previous version

Also if writing the document it would be a lot easier to update if you could download the document with all the comments.

• Roxanne
    Roxanne ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi All

We can add other info regarding the proof on the main sheet, by using the proof info columns, but the option to include the notes is not available, maybe that would be a great first step, I have had to create a new sheet, and copy the specific line over to a new sheet and give the "others" access to that sheet, because I cant download with the mark-ups.

There are also no Automation options for the Proofs, which would also be welcomed.

Thanks for the Audit trail Idea, I will check that out, didn't think of it.

• MRedding
    Options

This seems like such basic functionality it's frustrating it's not available.

• JClancy
    JClancy ✭✭
    Options

This needs to be available. There is no point in having the proof function if the comments cannot be downloaded or shared outside of Smartsheet

• Suzanne Cotterill
    Options

The proofing tool is a great tool for collecting information and communicating on a design internally. But we need the ability to download the PDF with comments to be able to make it work with external contacts. I dont want to sign up multiple external agencies to view our comments as we work with different contacts on each project and they all use their own software. please add this function!!