Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Multiple Line Entries with one Form Submission

2»

Comments

• Also interested in the solution mentioned by @Andrée Starå. Would you be willing to post it here or email it to me at melody.kellogg@libraries.ok.gov?

• Paul Reeves
    Paul Reeves Overachievers

@Andrée Starå

I hope you are doing well. Would you mind sharing your form solution with me, paul.reeves@hmhco.com? I am very curious how you are keeping or retrieving core information, and using conditional logic.

Thank you,

Paul

paul e. reeves

Principal Business Analyst

HMH

• InvitedChaos
    InvitedChaos ✭✭
    edited 07/08/24

This would be a phenomenal feature for those of us looking to use a Smartsheet for collecting things like purchase orders requests. Currently, our users have to submit a form for each item requested, which is highly tedious when a request needs to be made for several items with the same vendor, project code, requestor name and department, end use, etc. Using a workaround to accommodate multiple items also causes challenges for auto-numbering, as there is no way to create only one ID number for a group of such items.

Fast-track this for Gov use, too, please!

Thanks!

• LindaB_2019
    edited 07/10/24

I am also interested in the solution suggested by @AndreeStara. We need a form that has fields for all members of the team who need to review a document, and we need each reviewer to populate as a child line. Is this possible, or could it be considered in the road map. If you have suggestions or need more information please contact me @ lbumgarner@rhythmlink.com. Thank you.

• This would be a great option. We have providers put in product information,but we'd like to split out each product into a different line w/ the same client infomation, or if they do payment plan, to be able to separate each payment connected to the sale on a different line so payments could be tracked, applied and balanced in the month. Can't wait for this one.

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

It's great to see this feature has been added to the roadmap. In the interim I recorded a video showing how to populate multiple Sheets with a single form entry, hope it helps!

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Laura G
    Laura G ✭✭✭✭

This would be a massive feature update! I gave up with using Smartsheets for my solution and moved to MS Forms. Happy to look at this in SS when it comes available.