Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Print a Smartsheet form- to MS Word and PDF

Options

It would be nice to have the ability to print a Smartsheet form created to MS Word and PDF (form view layout, not smartsheet view layout) after someone has submitted the form.

Tags:
7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some workarounds I found for not printing a form submission directly:

You can print a Smartsheet row to PDF using the row's right-click menu, Print. (For a PDF file use a "printer" like Save as PDF or Microsoft Print to PDF). That method creates a document with just the one row's information, it looks like a printout of a two-column table (field name and the row's answer for that field). You can hide columns and tell it not to print hidden columns, but otherwise it does print all fields without an option to pick and choose specific ones.

You can create a more customized PDF attachment to print by using the "Generate Document" option in sheet automations/workflows. You have to upload a PDF with fillable fields, map the relevant sheet fields to the fillable fields, and then the automation will make a filled-in PDF for each row it's triggered on, and add the filled-in PDF as an Attachment on the row. Then you would need to print the attachment. So you could make a custom PDF on the row that only shows the completed form fields. I don't think there's a way to generate a Word doc on each row. https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482492-build-workflow-automate-document-generation

I've also heard of people using the "send me a copy" email or customized Alert emails to print the email to PDF.

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree this would be a nice feature. Our current workaround is to have the form sent to an internal email and then someone has to take the attachment from the email and attach it to the coordinating row. We use a form to do a site assessment and we want the compiled assessment as an attachment to the homeowner's row.