Input/auto fill data from different rows

Options
Waleed
Waleed ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/28/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hello,

Please find the example photo

I would like if there is a formula that can auto fill and input data in blank columns/same row once i type the phone number (in column phone) by calling or looking up for the data from other rows in same sheet (or from other data pase sheet) taht engaged with same phone number.

For Example: In the giving screenshot example i want same data in row (1) to be auto filled in row (2) once i type the phone number .

Unfofunatly , autmation feature to change cell is complicated for my requirment as I have a lot of clients data where i wonder if can call their data in easier way with formulla code or other workaround that find the .

Thank you

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Waleed

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Waleed
    Waleed ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå

I beleive I will need practicale assistance .

I Crated another sheet as data source called TEST-2

The destination or working sheet is TEST

what forumla would be for calling to sheet TEST for column PHONE

I would like to type the phone and other data for blank col to be filled afer searcing for it from sheet TEST-2

Thank you

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!