Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement Request: Allow downloading Activity Log

J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Allow some means to download the Activity Logs from one or more objects that support the logs.

This could either be locally when viewing the source or buried in the Account Admin menu if determined to be a SysAdmin function.

We do not yet have access to the data via the API (I posted on stackoverflow requesting this)

I have two use cases:

Compliance: 

Weekly dump of the Activity Logs, consolidate, and provide compliance metrics during initial adoption of the system.

Non-Compliance:

Weekly dump of the Activity Logs, consolidate, and provide compliance metrics and comparison to user list to determine non-compliance/resistance during initial adoption of the system.

Of course, those could continue after roll-out, but may be key to identifying areas of resistance to adoption and things to be improved early in the process.

My primary goal is currently NON-COMPLIANCE. I believe I have a work-around for this using Zapier, and may always need to have some sort of work-around as proving a negative (ie someone did not check a box when they should have) is harder that proving a positive (the box was checked before the due date).

Craig

Comments

This discussion has been closed.