Is there a way to create a mastersheet where...

saralm
saralm ✭✭
edited 07/18/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Specific rows/colums can be seen by specific users on their own sheets, even when changes are made on either sheet.

Meaning, I want one mastersheet. EX: I want user 1 to have his own sheet, which are columns 1-120 on the mastersheet. And user 2 to have his own sheet which is rows 121-145 of the mastersheet, etc. But if user1 or 2 makes a change- the mastersheet gets edited too.

Thank you!!!

Answers

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

Might not be a great option but I use reports for issues like this. In this case I would create an assigned to column then create reports for each of the users that need access to the given rows filtered by the assigned to user. Once the reports are built they wont be able to adjust the filters unless they have a license but they will be able to update the data right through the report. If all users need access to all of the data you can either build a team report with all users or simply provide access to the raw data.

Hope this helps.

Alternatively you could create a workspace and in that workspace give each user their own sheet and then build one master report that pulls from the workspace. Either way would work pending on what you would like to do with the master.

• saralm
    saralm ✭✭

Thank you so much! How do I build one master report that pulls from the workspace?