Hiding Row Comments in a report in Portfolio Workapp/Project Workapp

Options

Hello all,

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to hide row comments in a report that is in an individual project Workapp within a control center Portfolio Workapp? I have hid the comments column in my report but my my external partners are still able to with view access to click on the view details pane and see row comments. The report is built off of multiple project plans and therefore to large to embed the report in a dashboard. In addition, I have looked at creating a dynamic view and adding the link to the individual project work app but this requires a lot of manual work and will challenging to manage since it will be over 87 dynamic views for different external partners.

I am really looking for a way to hide visibility to comments utilizing the power of the Portfolio Workapp blueprint and global updates within Control Center.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/30/23 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Lori Khoury,

I got 2 ideas :

1. Build a Report that refer to all project sheets (as source sheets) and setup "As current user" filter, then embed that Report to a Dashboard (with Viewer mode setting is "Their own perspective" in Dashboard). The viewer will not see only data regarding to them without the comment column.
    2. Build a Report that refer to all project sheets (as source sheets) and build a Dynamic View (DV) that refer to this Report (as source data) and setup :
      1. "As current user" filter in this DV for external stakeholders to see only data regarding to them.
      2. Hide comment

This will save your effort to build many DV for different stakeholders

Hope that helps

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/30/23 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Lori Khoury,

I got 2 ideas :

1. Build a Report that refer to all project sheets (as source sheets) and setup "As current user" filter, then embed that Report to a Dashboard (with Viewer mode setting is "Their own perspective" in Dashboard). The viewer will not see only data regarding to them without the comment column.
    2. Build a Report that refer to all project sheets (as source sheets) and build a Dynamic View (DV) that refer to this Report (as source data) and setup :
      1. "As current user" filter in this DV for external stakeholders to see only data regarding to them.
      2. Hide comment

This will save your effort to build many DV for different stakeholders

Hope that helps

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• Lori Khoury
    Lori Khoury ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Gia Thinh - Thank you for the feedback. This is great advice and will run it by my leadership.