Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Add Work Insights to Dashboards

Options

I am trying to add summary charts to a dashboard, however it requires numerical values which are impossible to add for what I am trying to show in the chart. Excel can easily create a variety of charts to show me how many cells in a column show specific data, and the Work Insight in Smartsheet also shows me the data in the format I want to display it in the dashboard. If it is impossible for charts to be created in the dashboard that just summarize the data in specific columns, then there should be a way to add the Work Insight boxes. Thanks!

67 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

We are pleased to say that we are actively working on this and it is currently in Beta testing. We will announce general availability soon!

Comments

• Sheila Julien
    Sheila Julien ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

I love Work Insights and it would be great if selected Insights could be added to a dashboard.

• Melchol F.
    Melchol F. ✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

Dashboard improvements would make my work much easier! To have Work Insights widgets in a dashboard since the data is already in a Smartsheet. And these Work Insights can be live updates in a dashboard, as the rows are updated or added to the Smartsheet.

• GLHollon
    GLHollon ✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

My life would be so much easier if work insights could be added to my dashboard!

• Sravya Gupta
    Sravya Gupta ✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

@spickles - Great news. This will save much time and make the dashboards much better.

• PWNA Sam Harwart
    PWNA Sam Harwart ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

+1 for this. Would be happy to join a private beta to test it out.

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

Yep depending on how it will pull data I would love to see this happen.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

I love this! Data analytics is a big deal for us!

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• KMeyer
    KMeyer ✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

I'm interested in joining the beta for this.

• Mike M Consulting
    Mike M Consulting ✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

I'd like to Display/Link/insert my Work Insights graphs from my sheet into my Dashboard(s). This would eliminate having to create a metric sheet to feed data and build new graph for a Dashboard.

Work Insight graphs are great when the team is reviewing one sheet, however, when we're presenting a program review using a dashboard, we have to recreate the same graph via a metric sheet to feed the dashboard graphs.

Being able to easily link/show the Work Insights graphs on a Dashboard would not only save a lot of time by eliminating the manual calcs/formulas for a metric sheet, it also would save maintenance time to update metric sheets. Example: If I'm showing # of tasks by employee, and I add an employee to the sheet, Work Insights automatically shows the new employee's bar. If using a metric sheet, I need to add the person to the metric sheet and formulas.

Feel free to call me at 980-722-5383 to discuss.

Thanks,

Mike