Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Quick Sort Card View (Sheets and Reports)

Allow users to sort card lanes (individual lanes) both in sheet and card view in order to ease workflow. This is a fairly common features in most Kanban softwares and would be a welcome addition to improve Smartsheet.

Ideally this would be something a user could do themselves OR is an automation or report level standard (e.g. like in grid view how you can sort by dates, titles, etc.)

Tags:
61 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We have some exciting new updates coming to Card View and support for in-lane sorting is part of that longer-term refresh. While it's still too early to share specifics, please continue to up vote this idea and keep an eye on it for future updates!

Comments

• We need a feature to be able to sort the card view by either due date or priority or both. the sorting feature on the grid view is perfect, just need it to be able to apply to the card view and be automatic.

• Yes please! Sorting in card view takes a lot of time. It would be a huge improvement if the sort order from Grid View carried over to Card View.

• PLEASE implement!!!! Manually sorting the cards is very time-consuming. My team and I would greatly appreciate this feature.

• It would be great to be able to sort by date in Card View.

• We run a production workflow with card view and integrate with Zapier to another platform. Each program has specific due dates and priorities. At present, we have to move back and forth to grid view to sort and explore where our many projects are relative to priorities and due dates. We love the card view but when we reach a large number of active projects (for us this is just over 200+) the whole card view gets a bit clunky and unwieldly especially as any sorting in grid view isn't reflected in card view. This is understandable, but if we were able to do a sort in card view and then within that sort, be able to then make manual moves to fine tune the results - that would be fantastic!!

• Definitely need to add the date option in Card View!

• Updated on 7/23!? Are there any new updates on the status of this? It would be great to at minimum have the sort functionality in the grid view translate over to the card view. Looking forward to updates.

• CAS the CSA
    CAS the CSA ✭✭✭

Has this function still not been added?

• @CAS the CSA so far no. Has continued to be a pain to walk users through and transition them from other products such as Trello, Lists, etc. that have this function natively.

• CAS the CSA
    CAS the CSA ✭✭✭

That's really unfortunate: I would have loved to have tasks grouped in lanes by urgency and sorted by importance, or vice versa.

Additionally it's frustrating if a card gets manually moved, then it never goes back to the order it was in.

• Well its clear the Smartsheet team doesn't actually value the suggestions made through this platform being that there has been no update for an entire year and no improvement for almost 2 years. Especially considering the most recent updates didn't address and just provided an obfuscated feature that is the same as the previously offered card view only prettier.

As identified in the original post "This is a fairly common features in most Kanban softwares and would be a welcome addition to improve Smartsheet."

I guess it is time to go to software that actually works for what I need it for.