Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Update Request Customization - descriptions and headers like a Form

Options

The update requests are not always easy to explain with the limitations in the column header. It would be very beneficial and extremely useful to allow the user to create update requests like you would a form.

71 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

This is a terrific suggestion. We're working to provide collaboration guardrails that facilitate high-quality communication and leveraging existing context fits neatly into that construct. If we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll plan to update the status here.

Comments

• Arundhati
    Arundhati ✭✭✭
    edited 09/15/23
    Options

Hi Robin,

Can you help with more details about your topic? I would be happy to upvote, but I don't fully understand the request.

• Cristina Ayala
    Cristina Ayala ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When setting up an automation to send out an update request that includes an Attachment field, having the ability to modify the text and help text would improve this feature greatly. In my use case, I can then create an initial intake form, and have the update request mimic the form and ensure it includes all the necessary details for the attachment field and how to properly use it.

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/25/23
    Options

If you put the details (text and help text) in a helper column on every row, which you could do by an automation or data mesh, then you could include the details in the update buy using the {{field name}}

/marc

• jeaton7
    jeaton7 ✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Has anyone received an update on this issue/request to have help text for any fields or extending the character limit in the columns in order to use these in Update Requests?

Thanks in advance.

• HBraxton
    Options

Absolutely agree and voted to see this improvement in the near future!

• JudithN
    JudithN ✭✭
    Options

Also would like to see this improvement soon. Thanks for taking into consisderation.

• Luis Martinez Ruiz
    Options

Right now all forms are In Take forms. Simply allow to select a form for an Update Request. Then, the labels, descriptions, help, logic, validation, hidden fields, etc., will be applied when updating the row.

• KevinBradford
    Options

This would be a huge improvement to update requests, I would also like to see this soon. I especially like Luis Martinez Ruiz's suggestion to just leverage forms so there is no need to learn different methods for update requests and initial data requests.

• Cristina Ayala
    Cristina Ayala ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a great idea and would greatly impact quality of life when working with the Update Requests.

• Ryan Woj
    Options

I really need this. It is amazing this wasn't how it was setup. Updaters need the form information just as much as the initial requestor.

• Luis Martinez Ruiz
    Luis Martinez Ruiz ✭✭✭
    edited 09/01/23
    Options

Logic and Helper Texts are already implemented in Forms. As I mentioned earlier, current Forms are only In Take forms. By simply allow the developer to select an existing Form when defining an Update Request, its logic, helper texts, labels, validations, hidden fields, etc., will be applied when updating the row.