How to get a survey to auto-populate certain fields

Good morning,

I've created a survey in Smartsheet to gauge customer satisfaction at the end of a project. We are manually emailing the link of the survey out to the participants of the project. We can auto-capture their email address, but would also like to auto-capture other information such as their name (first,last), department they work in, and the name of the project the survey is based on. Please let me know if there is a way of auto-capturing that information. Thank you for your assistance!

Best Answer

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you have an employee master sheet, then you could use an Index(Match()) type function to look up their first name, last name and department based on their email address?

I think they would have to fill in the name of the Project that they were answering the survey about. But you could help them by offering a drop down list of Project Names for them to choose from?

Not ideal I know, but ...

Kind regards

Debbie

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you have an employee master sheet, then you could use an Index(Match()) type function to look up their first name, last name and department based on their email address?

I think they would have to fill in the name of the Project that they were answering the survey about. But you could help them by offering a drop down list of Project Names for them to choose from?

Not ideal I know, but ...

Kind regards

Debbie

• Thank you Debbie! This should work.