How to remove the trigger language in the email sent via Smartsheet Automation

Hello,

I have an automation that I want to run after a form is submitted with an output that is generated by the form answers. In testing it, I would like to be able to remove the "1 row added" and the yellow color in the email body (see the blue arrows).

Is there a way to remove this? It doesn't appear in my automation that runs on a date/time schedule, but this workflow I need to run immediate on the completion of the form.

Best Answer

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Danielle O'Connell

I think I understand now, maybe think about only sending a comment without sending the row so then you can add the data into the comment using {{}} from the columns you would like.

This way there will not be a mention of rows and also there wont be a table because you will only send the comment.

Could that work?

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Danielle O'Connell

Can you share the automation you are using? a screenshot would be best.

Itai Perez

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

• Danielle O'Connell
    Danielle O'Connell ✭✭✭✭✭

@Itai please see below:

The desired function is as follows:

1. User fills out the questions on the form
    2. The answers populate in Smartsheet and a column with a formula calculates a score/result based on answers
    3. An email is sent to the user with the score and directions on next steps

As noted above, when I have the trigger sent to send for dates the appearance of the email is more professional (no yellow, no mention of rows being added, etc.). I would like to avoid having to set up an automation that runs every 5 minutes and use and 'Updated' date/time column to signify if an email should be sent just to get the formatting of the email I'm looking for.

Screenshot of current automation:

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Danielle O'Connell

I think I understand now, maybe think about only sending a comment without sending the row so then you can add the data into the comment using {{}} from the columns you would like.

This way there will not be a mention of rows and also there wont be a table because you will only send the comment.

Could that work?

Itai Perez

• Danielle O'Connell
    Danielle O'Connell ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Itai that does work and is probably the best solution without Smartsheet providing additional functionality in modifying workflow emails. I appreciate the solution!