Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Sort Report by the Summary result

Options

I am having a report grouped by region and summarized by numbers of process per region. it's only sorted alphabetical by region not possible to be sorted by summary numbers.

Easy feature appreciate if it could be existed soon.

Thanks team,

Shorouk Helmy

Tags:
16 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It seems you could achieve your intended outcome by simply adding a column that counts the numbers of processes per region, then sorting by that column.

• Shorouk Helmi
    Options

Hi @Cleversheet , could it be done automatically by a formula, like I have processes initiated for every country and this data is entered manually by me, so can I detect it with a formula whenever there's a new country information added, there's a field created for it in the column and then be reflected automatically on this chart or that column?

As I understand the only possible solution to enter formula counting per row manually for every country I have at the moment and sort.

Thanks in advance

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I may have misunderstood your issue, @Shorouk Helmi. If you'd like to post a screenshot or two to illustrate the issue I or others could get a better sense how we might help. Make sure to blur or otherwise disguise any confidential info.

• mariahneu
    mariahneu ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It would be extremely helpful to be able to sort rows by count in reports when the Summarize function is used in a report.

• Rob W.
    Rob W. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would be extremely useful for pareto-style performance or quality analytics - we frequently have large datasets and need to be able to highlight / weight common themes for corrective action focus.

Having 30 categories in a chart organized alphabetically or by date is not elegant when the core message is which categories are contributing most to a given issue. The fact that reporting can summarize this data but not leverage it for dashboarding feels so close but yet so far.

• DKapture
    Options

It would be neat if there was a manual sort feature, drag and drop columns or so to achieve the desired sort.

We use a "status" column for production which contains over 30 different status for our production line. We use the report and dashboards to collect the data for a visual representation of where the product is within the production line.

As you can see from this generated visual, we have sorted the "Sub Status" alphabetically, because that is the best way for us to view the information. If there was a way to sort manually, I could then view the graphic from Start to Finished on the production line.

I believe I could just include a 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on in front of the sub status, which would then show this in the correct order via sort but I do not believe the project team wants to do this.

So manual sorting would a report would be ideal for us in this situation and maybe for others.

• tinab05
    tinab05 ✭✭
    Options

@mariahneu shares the exact comment I was coming to make. Looking to do this right now - my list has been grouped and counted, and now I want to see the top 10 items. The list is too full of low count items, but no way to sort or filter out. bummer.

• WilliamPaschall
    WilliamPaschall ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Currently, Reports only have the ability to sort groups alphabetically. I propose that we implement a way for us to be able to sort the groups themselves by either manually being able to move them in order or let us use another field to sort them, i.e. a ranking field. I know we could just group the ranking column, but then we lose the ability to use the other column as the group name.