Average collect w/ 3 criteria

Options

I'm attempting to average the %age passed for a specific month and year for a specific team.

I successfully used the below to average the total by month and year, but can't figure out how to add the team.

=AVG(COLLECT([%Passed]:[%Passed], [Month 2]:[Month 2], =1, Year:Year, =2024)

I tried the below, but am getting a #UNPARSEABLE error

=AVG(COLLECT([%Passed]:[%Passed], [Month 2]:[Month 2], =1, Year:Year, =2024, Team:Team, =Workforce Admin))

Thanks in advance!

Tags:

Best Answer

• AGorgei
    AGorgei ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@MichaelTCA Thanks for the suggestion...I figured it out! I needed to put the team name in quotes

"Workforce Admin"

=AVG(COLLECT([%Passed]:[%Passed], [Month 2]:[Month 2], =1, Year:Year, =2024, Team:Team, ="Workforce Admin"))

Thanks again!

Answers

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @AGorgei,

One possibility is how the last "criterion" was spelled. I'm not sure if you copy and pasted the function into this thread, but you could try entering [Workforce Admin]@row into the end of the function.

When you type a value you like =1 or =2024, the function is looking at the cell value within that column. It has a specific reference. Unless you specify who in the team to average information for, you will have to use the @row option.

• AGorgei
    AGorgei ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@MichaelTCA Thanks for the suggestion...I figured it out! I needed to put the team name in quotes

"Workforce Admin"

=AVG(COLLECT([%Passed]:[%Passed], [Month 2]:[Month 2], =1, Year:Year, =2024, Team:Team, ="Workforce Admin"))

Thanks again!

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@AGorgei

Nice! Glad you were able to figure it out.

• Lori C
    Lori C ✭✭
    Options

Can you combine the average of 2 workgroup, such as when you have 9 work groups and 3 regions? The data is coming in my workgroups and I need to average the data by region.

Thank you for any recommendations,

Lori

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!