Offline form 'Created Date' column discrepancy with actual submission date

conorhanson
conorhanson ✭✭
edited 09/13/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi all,

I've been supporting a project that's utilizing Smartsheet's offline form submission. We want to capture the date of each form submission. However, since this is a large and fast-paced project, and we're doing A LOT of data collection, I tried to minimize the friction a person experiences while collecting data. So I setup the 'Created Date' column assuming that would capture the timestamp the moment a person presses 'Submit.' I'm finding that this is not the case.

Is Smartsheet not programmed to do this? Is the 'Created Date' column filled with the timestamp of when the submission is sent over WiFi (once it's connected)? I have added a date column the Data Collector manually fills, but I'd very much like a feature hard-coded into Smartsheet that captures the date of the form submission automatically, even if offline, the moment the 'Submit' button is pressed.

Here is a screenshot of 2 rows: the first row is correct, because I'm assuming it was connected to WiFi and submitted the same day. The second row I know for a fact was collected on 8/26, yet the 'Created Date' column shows 8/27. Again, this is presumably the timestamp for when the form was submitted over WiFi.

Any info on this would be helpful.

Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answers

Answers