What would the reason a coworker sees different resources after clicking the resource view icon?

Options

The issue I am having right now is that for a project schedule for which I have activated resource management tracking, the resource view I see and the view a colleague of mine sees shows different resources. He is a license user and is an administrator in the workspace where the shared schedule is, Why is he seeing something different after clicking the resource view button almost simultaneously? Thanks

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @Jose Tirado

It sounds like you may be referencing the old Legacy resource view that's no longer supported, is that correct?

If so, there could be a few reasons why a shared collaborator sees something different.

1) Resources need to be Members of your plan. If the other person is associated with a different plan, they'll see different Resources.

2) If you're both licensed on the same plan, can you double check that you're both looking at the same sheet? The Project Resource View from within the sheet will only show you Resources currently selected on rows in that sheet. You can expand a contact's rows to see the other sheets, but it won't show other resources.

If none of this has helped, you could reach out to Smartsheet Support to troubleshoot this in a private channel, with the email address of the other collaborator, as well as screen captures showing the resources you see vs. what they see, and a screen capture of the sheet showing the missing resources in the contact column.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Avani
    Avani ✭✭✭
    Options

Are you using WorkApps?

• Jose Tirado
    Options

Thank you for your reply Genevieve. Yes, I am referring to the old legacy resource view. The other user is a license member of the same plan, so that's not the issue. We are looking at the same sheet, but what do you mean with "will only show you Resources currently selected on rows"? If I activated resource management in the settings of that sheet, the resource view is supposed to show all the resources listed in the assigned resource column right? or it depend on other factors? I contacted Smartsheet support, thanks again.

Jose

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @Jose Tirado

Thanks for clarifying!

Yes, I meant that the contact would need to be listed in the row of that specific sheet in your Assigned resource column. As long as those contacts are part of your plan, and so is the other user, you should both see the same view. Support will be the best place to troubleshoot this securely.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now