Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Automatically assigning a row to a parent line once an intake form is filled

Options
akrenek
akrenek ✭✭✭✭

I would love it if there was a way for a row that is entered from an intake form to automatically categorize to a parent line and have the option to place it at the top or bottom of the children. For example, if I have a ticket request form and on the sheet there are 3 parents, Pending, New, and Closed requests. When someone fills in the ticket request form associated with the sheet, the new row would automatically categorize as a child row in the appropriate parent category. In this case New. Having to move manually and constantly move rows creates a lot of manual work. Perhaps a hidden auto-selection on the form settings or the form fields.

Aleya Krenek

Education Service Center Region 13

Grants and Contracts Project Coordinator

9 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have access to somewhere that you can run a program using the API?

You can update the newly added row using one of the two commands to

Top of an indented section a.k.a., first child rowparentId("parentId": 8896508249565060}

Bottom of an indented section a.k.a., last child rowparentId +toBottom{"parentId": 8896508249565060, "toBottom": true}

put the row at the top or bottom of the "New" parent.

/marc

• akrenek
    akrenek ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@marc4 --I do not have access nor the skill for anything like this. Although, it does sound like a great workaround! Thanks for the suggestion 😊

Aleya Krenek

Education Service Center Region 13

Grants and Contracts Project Coordinator

• Kariv
    Kariv ✭✭✭
    Options

When a new form submission lands at the bottom of a Smartsheet, provide the option to have it auto indent under the last parent row.

• Michelle Choate 2
    Michelle Choate 2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/09/23
    Options

I absolutely love this idea @Kariv . We definitely need to add this one to the roadmap. It is so frustrating when you are depending on SUM(CHILDREN) and a new form submission does not indent to be a child.