Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Transferring Smartsheet from one account to another

Options
David Liff
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Would like to know if I can transfer primary ownership and control of a specific Smartsheet from my account to another.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide?

David

Comments

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know some one can request ownership from you for a particular sheet.  From the home tab they can right click on the name of the sheet, "Shared" or the current owner's name and choose option "Make me the Owner".  An email will be sent to the current owner to approve the transfer of ownership.

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stephanie is quite correct, they need to request ownership and you need to grant it.  Its an email.

Be aware that to be an owner they need to be a paid up Licence holder. A collaberator without a licence cannot have ownership as the ownership of the sheet is held against thier total allowance of sheets and removes it from the original owners allowance.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 07/13/15
    Options

David - If you are on a single user Basic or Advanced plan, you can transfer ownership of your account (which will include sheets and payment details) by following the steps listed here: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/1235045-transferring-a-paid-subscription-basic-advanced-

• SB
    SB
    Options

We have sold our business and are going to transfer paid ownership to the new owners. However, there are two sheets which are for my private use, that I want to transfer to a new smartsheet free account of mine. (my original email/account is going to the new owners).  The catch is that there are attachments on these sheets.  Is there a way to download and upload into different smartsheet account, or transfer ownership of these two sheets somehow?

• SB
    SB
    Options

Ok it seems as though I need to have a paid account to have ownership of these sheets. Is Basic plan enough to do this?

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes and No,

Basic account will not have all the functionality of the higher accounts so therefore it depends on what you want to do in the accounts, i.e. if one is a report from the other you will have problems.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

The Basic plan will be enough take ownership of the sheets. JamesR is correct, some features (such as user management and reporting) will be available for Basic users, but you will have no issues taking ownership of your two sheets. Here are steps to transfer sheet ownership: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/520103-changing-the-sheet-owner#sheet

• FazalurRehman
    Options

I wanted to achieve the transfer of one sheet from one smartsheet account to another. Somehow I could not find the option to Request an ownership when logged into the sheet from the account that I wish to make the new owner.

But when I logged into the sheet from my smartsheet account that owned the sheet, I found the option of making any shared user an Owner.

What that does, it send an email to the new proposed owner and when the new proposed owner accepts the ownership transfer (which was my whole purpose of doing it), the transfer of ownership is completed...Bingo,,, I loved that!

This discussion has been closed.