Is there a way to perform addition to an integer via an automation, workflow, or a formula?

I have a worksheet that tracks yearly tasks for technicians for potential raises or to track areas of focus.

The problem: I need to track how many years a technician has met all the yearly checks. If they do then we want to perform add 1 onto their [Years Complete] value.

[Current Year Potential] is a basic formula that does the following =SUM(1, [Years Complete]@row)

So ideally I would need to change the [Years Complete] to be replaced with [Current Year Potential]'s value. So that way whenever a yearly workflow triggers it would copy the [Current Year Potential]'s value over the [Years Complete] value. The formula for [Current Year Potential] would then increase by 1. However, I am not sure what is the best way to achieve this as for workflow tasks I only have the change cell value to work with. I could work around this with an workflow that has conditions to say if [Current Year Potential] = 0 Then change cell value 1, 1 to 2, so on and so forth, but that would be a rather long workflow conditional path line.

I would love to hear your feedback and ideas on how to best accomplish this task. I am more than fine going the workflow route if needed as our current business processes examines the last 3 years of data for potential raises . Though we have scenarios where we have employees who have been here for more than 10 years and I would not like to keep adding onto a conditional path if it can be avoided.

Answers