Question around Workflows and URLs

Options

Hi Community,

I need your help on a (possibly) simple issue I am facing. I have a very basic report with a very basic workflow. When a specific criteria is met, the workflow sends an e-mail with all the row details, including a link to a customer. Let's say that column is "Account Link"

The issues come with the automated e-mail received. The e-mail does show the "Account Link" row, but the entry itself is blank. I have also tried with a tokenized {{Account Link}} in the body of a customized message, and that also doesn't work.

For context, the links in the report are hyperlinked.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thank you!

Answers

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Ivan Rad. that is odd behavior. Do you mean you are sending the message from the sheet? (You can't send automated e-mails from a report) I just ran a test and a hyperlink came through just fine and works through my gmail. Are you checking the box to send the "Account Link" column to the customer? Are you sending this as an alert or update request? And is the customer shared to the sheet or I'm assuming not shared?

• Ivan Rad.
    Options

Hi @Tim C,

I appreciate your quick update. I did some more testing and tried with a generic Google URL, and it worked. I assume, based on that, there is some URL limitation at play that we may not be able to get over.

Happy to hear any ideas, but my gut feeling is that this is a "me" problem, not a Smartsheet problem. 😁