Column/automation issue

Why is this showing up? I don't want different columns, I want one column. Is that possible?

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Click the "hamburger" (3 vertical dots) to access "Advanced options".

I believe you need a "Submitted" value in addition based on what is asked for in the Advanced Options. Here's what that looks like:

• JenaW
    JenaW ✭✭

@Ray Lindstrom It isn't allowing me to use one column for multiple people's approval

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would have to have just one automation that runs for approvals for the same column. The automation should be getting the name of the recipient from a column in the row that needs approval. See under "Request an approval" there is the option for who to send to; I chose "Send to contacts in a cell" and selected the column name for who to send to. I called that column "Approver". I used a Contact List type column.

If you hard-code an automation to be sent to a specific individual, then yes you would need a different column for each approval automation you setup.

Or if you need multiple approvals for the same row, then you would need multiple columns to capture those approvals.